Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] power supply -48 vdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxbrain

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
how can i make a power supply that gives -48 vdc ? i need it to supply AG1110.
thanks

Last edited:

Hello foxbrain,

here you have a schematic of power supply.

Netzteil - 48V 1A.JPG

If you need an other line voltage, only take a transformer with your line voltage

Regards

Rainer

AG1110... If this IC is to be used in a telephone system, then the incoming telephone line is at -48V (more or less) relative to earth ground.

However if it is not present, then you can obtain it by chopping a DC supply into pulses, and feed that to a voltage multiplier.

Or use a boost converter. Etc.

However if it is not present, then you can obtain it by chopping a DC supply into pulses, and feed that to a voltage multiplier.
Or use a boost converter. Etc.
what do u mean by it ? and how can i make it?
the voltage from the phone line changes when it rings and when someone is talking..... isn't that right?

Last edited:

what do u mean by it ? and how can i make it?
the voltage from the phone line changes when it rings and when someone is talking..... isn't that right?

The phone line has -48 V on it when there is no activity. It could be as much as -60V amplitude (or greater).

When the phone is ringing, I believe it has 90 VAC coming into the phone.

When the phone is off the hook, you will measure much lower amplitude than -48V.

This means you cannot power the IC from the phone line during those times.

So it's likely you will need to obtain (or construct) a power supply which draws from house current, as Rfredel recommends (post #2).

The methods I spoke of are difficult.

isn't there an error in the schematic in post #2?
the output of 7924 should give -24 not -48? isn't that write?

Hello foxbrain,

in this schmatic you see the Z-diode in the ground connection of 7924. So you set the regulator ground to -24V. In addition to the output will be -48V.

Its a circuit to make the fix voltage higher then without Z-diode.

Regards

Rainer

Nicely presented information in this forum, I prefer to read this kind of stuff.

The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good.

Thanks for the post. :)

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.