Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can we use timer 0 or timer 1 or 8051 microcontroller in some application ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirjharini

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can we use timer 0 or timer 1 of 8051 microcontroller in some application,kindly specify the application.I want to use 8051 in embedded system where i want to reconfigure some portin of 8051 by adding or deleting some part.Is it possible to redesign timer/counter.can we use both timer0 and timer1 or any one of them or any timer with using specific modes .i am confused kindly reply me soon .....:cry:

Last edited:

You can use both timers or any one timer. It can be used to cause interrupt at a specified duration of time.

timer 0 can run independently of timer 1....so whatever application that you have in mind, and so long as you will not push the limits of the timer; then i think you have no problem....sequel

You can use either timer as they are independent of each other. You can use both timers together as well.

I want to use 8051 in embedded system where i want to reconfigure some portin of 8051 by adding or deleting some part.
This is unclear. Can you please clarify it?

Is it possible to redesign timer/counter
You can use the timers for any time keeping purpose. You can also use them to generate interrupts. However, remember that you can not modify the internal hardware of the timers. So, you have to overcome any limitation through software.

Can we use timer 0 or timer 1 of 8051 microcontroller in some application,kindly specify the application.
Any time keeping application.

eg. If you want to light a LED, keep it off for 10 seconds, then again turn it on, keep it off for 15 seconds and then turn it on. You can use the timers for keeping track of time.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

can i use both timers simultaneously at different frequencies ???? if yes how ? suppose one frequency is 50 hz at timer 1 while timer 0 operates on a frequency of 50 khz. !!

its very simple if you dont mind i can upload an assembly code for you to go through....sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.