Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] [MOVED] Queries for Polygon copper pours - Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgunseor

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a board with a ground plane, a component with with one pin connected to ground (same net as the ground plane), and a terminal block pin that has a trace the runs to the ground pin of the component. When doing the polygon ground plane I want the component pin connected to the ground plane but not the terminal block pin (which is also ground but has a trace running to the component ground pin. Is there a way to do a query that will allow the component pin to be tied to the ground plane but not the pin at the terminal block? I can get this to work by changing the terminal pin to a "no net", doing the copper pour, then going back and changing the terminal pin back to the "GND net" but it's a hassle to do it this way.

Forgot to add that I'm using the latest Altium PCB layout release.

why don't you place a polygon pour cutout around the terminal block? it is a lot easier.

First route the trace from terminal block than do polygon pour and select "do not pour over same net object".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back