Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which parameter in spice model determines MOSFET breakdown voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaeljackson

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

A discret MOS with 600V breakdown voltage is used in our project. I want to model this MOSFET. So I used one foundry's HV model and get a simlilar I-V curve. But the breakdown voltage is only 40V in simulation .

How can I enchance the breakdown voltage in spice model. The version is bsim3v2. Pls show me the way, thanks in advance.

BSIM3v2 models apparently model the MOSFET's breakdown voltage through the anti-parallel body-diode's BV parameter.
If you need separate diodes for source and drain, s. the following page from the BSIM4v62 manual and use dioMod=0 or dioMod=2 :

Attachments

• BSIM462_Manual_p90.pdf
    158 KB · Views: 133
Have a look at and experiment with the following parameters (drawn from BSIM3.3.0, see manual page 2.28, they call it "Substrate Current Induced Body
Effect")
pscbe1 (somehow responsible for breakdown voltage)
pscbe2 (somehow responsible for steepness of breakdown)

Have a look at and experiment with the following parameters (drawn from BSIM3.3.0, see manual page 2.28, they call it "Substrate Current Induced Body
Effect")
pscbe1 (somehow responsible for breakdown voltage)
pscbe2 (somehow responsible for steepness of breakdown)

Thank you,but simulation result is not good.

Unfortunately BSIM3 is not made to describe 600V power MOS devices. It is typically used for "logic" and "analog" devices with 3.3V or 5V supply and may be extended to somewhat higher voltage, but probably not 600V.

Did you check with the manufacturer of the device if they offer a spice model? Typically they do, and often it is a lumped element model, i.e. a subcircuit composed of several elements (MOS devices, JFETs, resistors, capacitors).

Or you may post here which device you are looking for and perhaps get a hint where to search for a model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back