Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] I get Mikrobasic error 'there is not enough ROM space' during compiling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I've attached the project files, the hex file and the DSN file.

Yes, I do get that message. I'll look into it to find the reason.The odd part is that the message shows PIC12ADC, whereas it should show PIC16ADC. Anyways, I'll look into it.

Hello.

I think the problem is the hex file my version of Mikrobasic is generating. After checking on ctrl+F9 to build, I compared the hex file i got with yours and it is clearly different. Yours have 56 lines, while mine is 53 lines and characters doesn't match.

However i compared the .asm (assembler) files with yours and they both seem to be identical (exept for the titles), but else is alright.

The simulation of your files in Proteus works okay. So i dont think my version of ISIS is the problem. I use v7.7 SP2.

Can you give me some details of your Mikrobasic version?. Maybe the "fix", "medicine" (whatsoever you want to call it) of the software i'm using is not working properly. I even updated to version 5.01 but still got the same problem.

Here are the files i got, so you can check them out. I find them very strange. Can you test them?.

At this point from checking your files and mine i feel like playing "Where is waldo?" for over an hour still no clue.

If it works for you, then maybe i can confirm which software is the problem.

Attachments

• F676_expADC_sparkchem.rar
    17.4 KB · Views: 38

I figured it out. The problem was on my Mikrobasic version, i still dont know the cause. I updated to the latest one and it works. Still is not registered so it can't work for programs over 2k.

I ask you in post #2 which version do you have.

tpetar i already answered to you in post 7. Until the last week i was using Mikrobasic ver 3.2

Right now i'm using version 5.61.
As i described above, for some reason i dont know why?. The code didn't worked out in ver 3.2 but it did in the latest one. Maybe the problem was on my software because i noticed the hex files generated were lacking in some lines. Anyway thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are using mikroBasic 5.60 then I can help.

I think there are very few changes or details between ver 3.2 and 5.60. Maybe there were some implementations or whatsoever but my guess is the syntax and the structure remains the same. Thanks. :)

Create a new project on to a new location on your computer. Use the same code and build the project again. I've faced odd problems like this before (not very commonly though) where, just by creating a new project and building the new project, I got the correct hex file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back