Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle Light PCB layout....text box's

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

How do you do text box's in Eagle Light?.....i can get the little text caption box, but thats too small for a few lines of text that i want on the schematic.

I don't think you can. You can simply do single lines of text.

There may be some ULPs to do it such as

Keith

I wonder if Eagle Pro has this lack of text box ability?

All versions are identical except in number of layers/PCB size. I run the Pro version.

Keith.

Thanks, am i right in saying the Pro schem and layout is around £700?

....im sure it was only £200 a few years back

It has never been that cheap. I first used it around 13 years ago and I think it was around £250 for each module then so £750 including the autorouter.

If you aren't doing huge/complicated boards you could go for the standard version - up to 6 layers and Eurocard PCB.

Keith.

Yes you can write multiple lines of text in CadSoft Eagle, but you must have 6.3 version, also distance between lines can be set, font size like in earlier version.

If you have older version of Eagle you can add line by line and you will make what you want. You can change and modify text always by each line separately.

:wink:

Interesting to know. I am still on 5.11, partly because some of my customers also use Eagle so upgrading would cause problems and partly because the change from version 5 to version 6 doesn't seem that major to justify the cost.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back