Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] ERROR(SPMHCS-1): Symbol is missing a refdes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gghhh

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am trying to draw the pcb foot print of mini usb type b. When I save the symbol it says ERROR(SPMHCS-1): Symbol is missing a refdes.

Can some1 please help me.

Thanx & Regards

Here is the zip file with .dra and an image of the usb mini type b.

schematic_usb.jpgView attachment 123.zip

when you create library you may be forget to give ref des,here i mention,it is not available delete library and create ones again ,

9145687500_1352180310.jpg

you do not have to delete library in main window select *.dsn file than right click >> edit object propertiee
now in this window in Comp Ref column check the part which does not have any footprint assigned to it and than give it some ref des

Reactions: gghhh

gghhh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Actually I am getting this error in PCB editor and not in capture. Here is the Screen shot.

12w.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And here is the USB which Im trying to draw the PCB foot Print.

View attachment 1650238.jpg

You have to add ref label to footprint before saving it, you can find some documents on internet regarding adding ref des in allegro

Reactions: gghhh

gghhh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Actually you have to add refdes for that footprint.
open the footprint(.dra).
go to layout-labels-refdes and assign refdes in the class and sub class you need it.
please have a look of the attachment.
after that save the symbol(.dra) and try.

Attachments

• label-refdes.bmp
    3 MB · Views: 397
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back