Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to program PIC18LF4620 using PICKIT3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemnath

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using MPLAB v8.88 and PIC18LF4620 is soldered on the pcb board. I have couple of questions,

In my mplab i couldn't find PIC18LF4620, but can find PIC18F4620. I looked up into the datasheets. 18LF4620 is a low power device.
Can i select the 18F4620?

Do i have power the target board externally while programming using PICKIT3?

I'm using MPLAB v8.88 and PIC18LF4620 is soldered on the pcb board. I have couple of questions,

In my mplab i couldn't find PIC18LF4620, but can find PIC18F4620. I looked up into the datasheets. 18LF4620 is a low power device.
Can i select the 18F4620?

Do i have power the target board externally while programming using PICKIT3?

Hi,

If you are programming with your chip in an existing circuit, you must ensure the programming pins are compatible with ICSP from the PK3.

If you look in the PK3 user manual you will see how Mclre Pin1, PGD pin40 and PGC pin 39 should be wired.

You can power the 4620 either by the PK3 or from the circuits own psu.

However if powering the circuit from the PK3 you must ensure that the circuit will not drain too much power from the PK3 otherwise you could burn it out. Details of the maximum current the PK3 can supply is again in the User guide

You program the LF device as you would the standard chip, just that it can run down to lower voltages from the standard 5v.

Thanks for the replay :) ...
But the only thing is, i could not find the PIC18LF4620 in the mplab. Even i downloaded latest version.
But i found PIC18F4620.

Do i have to select and program it?

Thanks for the replay :) ...
But the only thing is, i could not find the PIC18LF4620 in the mplab. Even i downloaded latest version.
But i found PIC18F4620.

Do i have to select and program it?

Hi,

Yes, I have that 18LF4620chip as well, you just program or debug as a 18F4620, they are identical in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back