Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] differential amplifier output dynamic range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear friend

I would ask you about the output dynamic range of the differential amplifiers shown below, how to calculate it

thank you in advance

Here the output dynamic range is equivalent to output swing?

First circuit is differential pair with current-source loads. It has good dynamic range (output swing).
Second one is differential pair with diode-connected loads. It has lower dynamic range.
Look on my piece. It can helps you Circuit1.JPGCircuit2.JPG

Only one thing you must account. Output swing Vswing = 2*Vout.1 (from my calculation)

First circuit is differential pair with current-source loads. It has good dynamic range (output swing).
Second one is differential pair with diode-connected loads. It has lower dynamic range.
Look on my piece. It can helps youView attachment 82488View attachment 82489

Only one thing you must account. Output swing Vswing = 2*Vout.1 (from my calculation)

you have supposed the maximum voltage for the differential amplifier with a current source load to approach Vdd, in reality this is the large signal char., for the small signal behavioural this voltage maximully is (Vdd-Vdss) because t he transistors must work in the saturation region
second thing, the voltage drop od the diode is (Vdss+vth) so you forgot to include the threshold voltage

any way the problem is solved and thank you once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back