Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle schematics show up as Altium schematics (with Altium icon)......why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

I have Eagle Light 6.2.0 on my laptop.

Unfortunatley, the Eagle schematics show up using icons from other PCB packages…………do you know why this is?

I am not sure if it is a problem or not…..maybe it isn’t, but it doesn’t seem right , so I want to make it so that Eagle schematics show up with Eagle icons….do you know how I can do this?

At first, Eagle schematics were showing up with the PCAD viewer icon……so I uninstalled PCAD viewer….however, now Eagle schematics show up with the Altium icon…..

….this seems strange because months ago I tried to install Altium using the Altium CD from work, but I could never use Altium on my laptop therafter….it wouldn’t let me, I guess because I don’t have a license for my home laptop…even though I am our workplaces Altium engineer, and can use it at work on the work PC….any time (24hrs/day) that I like.

Anyway, something of Altium shows up in my programs list on my home laptop, so I tried to uninstall it…..but it won’t uninstall…..the uninstaller just hangs.

..And my Eagle schematics show up with Altium icons…….how do I stop this?

I wouldn't worry about it. Windoze is a bit crude and simply associates the three character extension with some package or another. Lots of packages use .sch and .brd. The last package you used associates itself with them. You can change the association by right clicking on the filename and selecting ' open with...'

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back