Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wide bandwidth and wide beamwidth patch antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divya.S

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi...i want to design a patch antenna with 12% bandwidth and 120 degree beamwidth..so far i ve achieved 115 degree beamwidth and 8.8% bandwidth with meander line element on a rtduroid substrate (er=2.2) n i have also introduced an airgap of 25.4mm between ground and substrate..freq of operation is L band
how can i improve my bandwidth without reducing the beamwidth?
anybody please help me out...

Hi Divya.S

Bandwidth can be increased creating more than one resonance.
Aperture-coupled patch is a suitable feeding method that allows this. How are you feeding the patch?
Other methods are stacked patches and coplanar parasitic elements, among others.
Look for chapter 9 of "Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook" by Garg, Bhartia, Bahl, and Ittipiboon (Artech House, 2001).
Regards

Z

Hi Divya.S

Bandwidth can be increased creating more than one resonance.
Aperture-coupled patch is a suitable feeding method that allows this. How are you feeding the patch?
Other methods are stacked patches and coplanar parasitic elements, among others.
Look for chapter 9 of "Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook" by Garg, Bhartia, Bahl, and Ittipiboon (Artech House, 2001).
Regards

Z

Thanks :) i will try with aperture coupled patch..i used coaxial probe feeding..With aperture coupled antenna,can i get that 120 degree beamwidth?

Beamwidth does not depend strongly of the feeding method, but mainly of the geometry.
Take into account that beamwidth is different in the E and H planes.
Regards

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back