Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C book to learn Embedded

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinothmct

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I consider my c knowledge to be above average. I can write a logic . I have written driver for several peripherals . I wish to be strong with C language . How much memory variable occupies etc . Do u guys recommend any book for me?

Which microcontroller/platform are you interested in?

- - - Updated - - -

If you are interested in working on AVR micro-controller here is the best book for programming.

--> The AVR Microcontroller and Embedded Systems: Using Assembly and C by Muhammad Ali Mazidi, Janice Mazidi, Sarmad Naimi, Sepehr Naimi.

all the best.

I dont want embedded books . I want C books to learn all the basic embedded C

This book contains C code also.

Just check it out.
If it is not of you interest just leave it.

BTW , to write embedded C code you should have basic knowledge of the hardware too.

and check out this thread also.

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/120857/

Last edited by a moderator:

If you are really looking into Hardcore C coding then don't go for embedded or microcontroller oriented books, go for Operating systems or Networking based C coding books, for example

Go for the below book
operating systems concepts by Galvin
https://books.google.co.in/books/about/Operating_System_Concepts_6ed_Windows_Xp.html?id=s0MUQn7cxA4C

The best way to master a programming language is to go on coding,
write device drivers, linux or windows, in this case you can look at the real time output of your code.

Sorry i forgot to tell this,
the above mentioned book is a very good book which gives extensive knowledge of operating system with c code snippets on every topic mentioned and it definitely helps in mastering operating systems concepts.

Cheers!!!!!

Reactions: zia

zia

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.