Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect the strain gauge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

annchen

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
it is AD7730 is suitable for my project to do out the digital torque wrench?? i am using strain gauge sensor to get my torque value.
If use AD7730 already, i still need use op amp to connect to the AD7730??

Anyone can help mi? i very confuse its. :cry::cry:

5V DC excitation can work without additional OPs, refer to the datasheet refernce circuits.

If i use ADC 0804, it is suitable for strain gauge?

ADC804 will surely need an instrumentation amplifier. I also doubt that 8 Bit resolution is sufficient for a precision measurement.

how to connect amplifier and ADC 0804??

I think you need to check the range of the strain gauge output, based on the sensor specification and the range of strains your system is experiencing.
for the best performance the sensor range should be equivalent to the ADC input range.

if ADC input is -5 to +5 volts for example, the sensor output should be amplified for such a range, to give the best resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back