Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM current control in stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thai

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microstep irf530

I'm a new comer with analog design. I'm going to design micro stepper motor drive. some problems i meet in the way i control current through coils. Current I use method PWM to control current, please show me some place can i get more good knowledge about PWM in step motor control, or can you show me some circuit control current by PWM in Bipolar motor stepper.
Thank you very much!

current pwm microstepping circuit

Pls try the following links first:

thai

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
stepper pwm current control

Now, my goal of this project control bipolar step motor (micro step mode 1/16, 1/32) at 8A with MOSFET IRF530, IR2112S, anyone can show me a good PWM current chopper circuit to handle it.
Thanks,

stepper motorcircuitcontrol

thai said:
Now, my goal of this project control bipolar step motor (micro step mode 1/16, 1/32) at 8A with MOSFET IRF530, IR2112S, anyone can show me a good PWM current chopper circuit to handle it.
Thanks,

You may wish to read this articles from Allegro:

FULL-BRIDGE PWM MICROSTEPPING MOTOR DRIVER
**broken link removed**

MONOLITHIC, PROGRAMMABLE, FULL-BRIDGE MOTOR DRIVER INTEGRATES PWM CURRENT CONTROL AND ‘MIXED-MODE’ MICROSTEPPING
**broken link removed**

3955SB Product Evaluation Kit
This demo board will drive both windings of a bipolar stepper motor in a microstepping mode. The schematic of the demo board is provided.
**broken link removed**

‘SMART’, CONSTANT-TORQUE, MICROSTEPPING DRIVE CIRCUITRY FOR UNDER $10
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.