Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] FPGA power supply and bank voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

samstradd

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am developping an fpga board based on spartan 6 LX25 and I am looking for bank power suppply.

My question is, is it possible to choose the bank voltage ?

For example, if I would like to use only 3.3V device around my fpga, bank0 to 3 can support 3.3V power supply ?

Thank you

bye

Have you checked the specs of your device in the datasheet?

Hi,
For the LX25 you have 4 I/O banks. Each bank has its own power supply, which is the VCCO pins. If you will connect the pins of bank 0 for example to 3.3 V devices then you should supply bank 0 VCCO_0 pins using a 3.3 V supply.

Thanks for your responses

Last edited:

I think you should learn to check the datasheet of your device and if you can't find something there then ask the forums.
Are you willing to simply rely on a reply posted in a forum?
And what if it is not correct, would you jeopardize damaging your device?

Alex

Don't worry about my abality to read a datasheet.
I marked it solved because I received an other response from Xilinx itself. You can choose io bank power supply from 1.2, 1.8, 2.5 or 3.3V depending on your peripherals.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.