Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to have two Baud rates in 89S52?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI Jeffrey Peter

I don't think you can do this... say you built 2 different routine to set the Baud rate ... the problem may be accores like ... when you are sending something at that time if there is some data cames to read then...

ok try to do this but don't use the interrupt method.... share the experience.... or try to use the different uC with 2 TXD RXD....

By the way why you need 2 different Baud rate what is your application....

Ismail

hi, I want to use 2400 for reception and 9600 for transmission.

One possible approach is to utilize the hardware UART for the higher baud rate, 9600, and then implement a software UART for the lower baud rate, 2400.

A software UART, aka softUART or bit banged UART, only requires the use of standard I/O pins and emulates the workings of a hardware UART.

BigDog

By the way why you need 2 different Baud rate what is your application....
My Mc will be receiving data from a wireless receiver at any time while Mc sends data to PC through Rs232 at regular interval.
One possible approach is to utilize the hardware UART for the higher baud rate, 9600, and then implement a software UART for the lower baud rate, 2400.
Higher baud rate using software UART not possible ??

okay.. Do i have to give a time delay between each byte in UART ?

I not quite sure I understand your question.

A standard hardware UART samples the line x16 the specified baud rate, a softUART implementation typically samples the line at significantly lower rate.

Due to this fact, softUART typically have offer a maximum baud rate of 9600 or lower for devices like the AT89S52.

In fact, achieving a viable/reliable 9600 baud rate implementation on an AT89S52 can be quite difficult, which is why lower baud rates are preferable.

BigDog

When I was implementing hardware UART having a baud rate of 9600, I missed some bytes on reception;using Interrupt method.... So I used delay between consecutive bytes and it worked fine...

hardware UART for reception and Software UART for transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back