Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sheet Connectors PCAD to Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

StacyS

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In PCAD, it was possible to place a sheet connector on a net that would show directly on the schematic the zone and page where the net travels, such that when looking at a printout of the schematic, you would know exactly where to find that net on other pages.

Does anyone know if this is possible to do this in Altium? I haven't been able to find this option.

Thanks.

it is under Reports >> Port Cross Reference. In the preferences under Schematic - General on the bottom you can set the style.

Thanks!

The option for "add to sheet" or "add to project" are grayed out, though.

I'm using Altium 10, and I don't see how to set the port cross-reference style in the preferences -- can you clarify? I would like to change it to show just the sheet numbers in brackets, instead of the whole filename of the schematic sheet.

it is under the schematics preferences.

port_cross.PNG

Oh for heavens sake...the preferences window was undersized. Whenever I opened the schematic preferences, the last thing I could see in the window was the schematic template dropdown box. I had to expand the window in order to see the port cross references settings. Thank you thank you thank you...you have no idea how long I've been trying to figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back