Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] connecting FPGA to via

Status
Not open for further replies.

yair fisher

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
i have a FPGA with 400 pins and i need to connect all pin to a via beside it.
how can i do it fast without connect it one by one ?
Thank Yair

LOL when seeking help, spending time to supply enough data for us to reply and help would be a benefit, I do notbelieve any of us are telepathic.
Most packages will have some sort of fan out routine these days, try the help files and search for fan out etc...

hello
i very sorry i forgot to write that i use the P-CAD software.
yair

Hi, different tool has different fanout pattern. we need all input..pith of the BGA.? its full matrix or not..every thing is matters..

Regards
Praveen Bhat

hello
the pith is 1mm and it is a full matrix.
Thank yair

I can't remember if pcad had the auto-fan-out tool like Altium. One way is to just make a single 45 wire and via on pad A1. Then copy-paste-array for R/2 (R = number of rows). Copy-paste-array again for R/2 in the other dimension to get a full quadrant of the chip. Then simple copy paste this three more times (rotating 90 each time) for the other quadrants will give you a nice 'X' pattern. You may need to reconnect copper when you are done.

In pcad, make sure you are in mm units (not mils--and just typing '.5mm' while in mils is not good enough) or else rounding errors will get you since pcad insists that the trace hit the exact pad center to detect 'connectedness.' For a 1mm bga a 0.5 or 0.25mm grid will work well here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back