Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to compare netlist from Proteus ARES and ISIS ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

remr96

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Once again i like to raise this question.

I am using ISIS for schematic design and ARES for PCB design,
I want to do final netlist cross check by taking out the netlist file from ISIS and ARES and comparing it.
But what the problem is both the files are in different format and the netlist priority names are also found different.
Is there any way to do this?
Kindly help.

By this checking procedure i can Cross check the netlist which will avoid unwanted multi connections to the same net.

Thanks in Advance.
Rem

I think you didn't follow the proper order which is to make the schematic and press the ARES button to open the schematic netlists in ARES and then place and connect the components.

If you use that way then as soon as you make a change in the schematic and press the ares button (make sure that the current work in ARES is saved first) it is reflected in the pcb (a component addition, a new connection or the deletion of a connection etc.)

I have no idea if it is possible to make this connection between the schematic and pcb wen they are not connected form the start.

Hi alexan_e ,

Thank you for your reply.

Am following the same order as u had mentioned.
Actually wt i do is i pull out the netlist in Schematic ISIS and ARES in two .xls files and do comparison .
As the net from the ISIS and ARES are correctly connected same net or not, pin count, any NC pins , any Dangling lines or net etc.

For this the Format of both netlist are little bit different. i need to work a while to make it clear and do my checks.

for this am in search of some easy procedure or shortcuts.. and am here...

I really thank you for your reply and support.

thank you.

Rem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back