Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage loop and current loop compensation.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.manikandan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I am designing battery charger for my UPS application.. I am using analog PWM controller for full bridge dc/dc converter. There is a error amplifier in the controller, actually if it single loop means,i can give voltage to the inverting terminal by using voltage divider for voltage loop. But in my application both loop included for CVCC . If battery voltage <135V ,it should be operate in CC mode by sensing current through differential amplifier. otherwise it should be operated in CV mode by using voltage divider.

I finished my designing portion, but i don't have idea to combine both loop and give it to single error amplifier. According to the voltage level the mode will be operate..

How to achieve it... its big trouble to me give some idea....

You can get an idea by reviewing the data sheet and application circuits of SG3524 or TL494, that are ORing current and voltage error amplifiers. The important point is that the PI or PID integrating capacitor is common to both error amplifiers. The loop gain (and possibly additional compensation) of both loops has to be adjusted according to the control system characteristic to achieve stable operation and good dynamic behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.