Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Matlab code for NRW method

Status
Not open for further replies.

nijam_nenu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need matlab code for nicholson-ross-weir iterative method urgently. i tried the code in many ways but the conditions in the method im not getting how to code for it.Anyone please help me

Attachments

• 3 D5568.1044360-1 Standard Test Method for Measuring Relative Complex Permittivity and Relative .pdf
    199.5 KB · Views: 519
  • 2 Rohde & Schwarz-Measurement of dielectric material properties.pdf
    897.1 KB · Views: 313

Are you trying to extract the S11 and S21 parameters by experiment ? i.e. with your fabricated prototype, and using VNA? Asked you because the attachments deal more with experimental setups.

Well, it is hardly of concern here.
You can follow the work of either DR Smith et al or Ziolkowoski's work. Both of them has a bit different interpretations of NRW approach but keeping the essence intact for DNG materials. I personally followed their work.

One more suggestion, if you are fluent with HFSS then you can draw the model in HFSS and simulate it, and even extract the permeability and permittivity in HFSS itself, ** without any need for complete MATLAB code **

Hi PlanarMetamaterials, how are you doing?

I'd be interested in seeing how you do this, is it fairly simple?

What I am talking about is making use of the "output variable" options in the Results section of HFSS.
Whatever steps are followed in MATLAB coding, corresponding variables may be created in HFSS as output variables. Please note that unlike MATLAB, where there is extensive Matrix algebra is required to deal with, here HFSS takes care of itself, we just have to go with the mathematics involved.
I hope I made some sense.

Thanks and Regards.

Im doing fine, thanks, yourself?

I was just hoping for a new easy process :)

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Doing good too.

Oh..then I am sorry, I feel like it is atleast easier than MATLAB one. Isn't it?

hiii
i made nearly 200 materials and also i had the S11 and S21 parameters of those 200 materials . so now i wanted to calculate the complex permittivity and complex permeability using the formulas which are their in my attachments.(i.e page no:19 in first attachment) fo that i need matlab code so that it is easy to calculate dielectric constants for all the 200 materials.even though we can get dielectric constants using VNA. But i want cross verify my results from VNA and which i calculated because i checked the same material in 4 different VNA and given different results.

0k. I got what you exactly doing.
Let me know your proficiency with MATLAB.
I can help you through the process, but may not be able to write a code, especially.
First of all, you must have Four matrix results including Mag (S11), Phase (S11), Mag (S21), Phase (S21) for all the structures you experimented with.
then calculate
S11=mag (S11) * exp (j*3.14*phase (S11)/180)
S21=mag (S21) * exp (j*3.14*phase (S21)/180)
then follow the rest of the calculations as per the formulae given in the concerned paper, infact I can see that there is an example solved in there, you just need to follow those very steps while creating variables.
Keep in mind the matrix algebra, as in your code you would be working with matrices and not the single values.

because i checked the same material in 4 different VNA and given different results.

Which difference did you see? as in please explain this point of yours.

Regards.

Keep in mind the matrix algebra, as in your code you would be working with matrices and not the single values.

thank you for reply and im a beginner in Matlab so i want to put some conditions in the formula which are in the paper. for that i need loop also .so i want to know how can i write a loop so that the program have to run for all results and check all the results and gives only the result which i want and eliminating remaining results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back