Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Fluke 87-V Not reading current values properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFW Z33

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I am new to Fluke multimeters, but up until now, I have had no issues. However, I am trying to measure current in one of my projects, and I get some strange values. When I hook up the leads to measure mA, and connect it in series with a resistor, it gets a value that is much lower than the actual current, and then the value will fall slowly until it reads 0mA. I have verified with another multimeter that the current should read 35mA.

I performed a fuse test, and my fuse for the mA lead is reading 1KOhms. Does this very high for a fuse? My other 1A lead has a fuse reading of 0.2 Ohms. Does anyone know what may be wrong?

Thanks,
John

- - - Updated - - -

SOLVED: I did not realize that I had it selected to measure AC current instead of DC current :/

Hello John,

I performed a fuse test, and my fuse for the mA lead is reading 1KOhms
1 KΩ is too much for a fuse. I've check some fuses and for example a fuse of 50mA has a resistance of approximately 90Ω and for a fuse of 200mA it will be approximately 1Ω.

My suggestion for you: Change the fuse. :smile:

For you measuring think also, that the resistance of you instrument is in series with your load. So the current will be a little bit less then the real.

Regards

Rainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back