Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make "Enter,Delete,Move Right,Move Left" button using 8051.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Er.abdulrehman

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one,
I am using 4x4 keypad, i want the code to work as numbers from 0 to 9 (Which I did) and the remaining buttons should have special functions like:

Button Description : Functions
Enter : As I Press this button the data should get entered.
Delete : As I Press this button the current data should get deleted.
Move Right : As I Press this button the data should move Right.
Move Left : As I Press this button the data should move left.

Remaining Two buttons will have no functions.
I want to implement this using 89v51RD2, it will also display the button content that is pressed on LCD.

Thanks in Advance.......

Here is the keypad.
4x4-Keypad-2.jpg

As you've said that you've already did it for 0-9 then what's the problem for rest of the keys ?
Do you've missed something to be mention in the question?

No, here query is not incomplete, Actually i made the code for keypad from 0-9 which is working properly, but i don't know how to perform these actions like Enter,Del...

No, here query is not incomplete, Actually i made the code for keypad from 0-9 which is working properly, but i don't know how to perform these actions like Enter,Del...

you need to read the content of LCD to perform this task.
delete function will be better to start with.
just need to read the content first then save that content to perform enter, erase it to perform delete, rewrite it at right/left to perform move right/left.

Hey, it's simple...look...suppose the key placement is like this:
0 1 2 3
4 5 6 7
8 9 - -
E D U Do
E:Enter, D:delete, U:up, Do:down
Now after u recognize E button through ur key recognizing logic, accept the value entered(i.e. go ahead in ur program & use the value entered) & display 'ENTER' on LCD.
Similarly, u can perform other operations.
Displaying on LCD is very simple. If u are not able to write exact code, there are routines available for various operations related to LCD on net & in std. books. One such well known book for 8051 is: https://www.amazon.com/8051-Microcontroller-Embedded-Systems-2nd/dp/013119402X
Hope u will get it!!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.