Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check the state of the relay contacts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr_raval

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,

I would like to check the state of relay contacts, means everytime i want to check the status of the relay either its ON or OFF, insort by this feedback path circuit i want to know the status of the relay via microcontroller.

Help to find out the suitable circuit for this.

That can be done in several ways, here is one,
2012-10-08-020.jpg
You should know the voltage of the NC pin and by choosing Rb you can drive the transistor and chose a proper Re to have 3v-5v to transfer the information to the pic's pin

Last edited:

what would be the values of resistors and transistors? i am using 12A 24VDC electromechanical relay and microcontroller operated on 5VDC

- - - Updated - - -

what would be the values of resistors and transistors? i am using 12A 24VDC electromechanical relay and microcontroller operated on 5VDC

what is signal or power voltage to be controlled by the relay

- - - Updated - - -

What is the resistance of relay coil only then i can decide transistor and resistor.

Resistance of relay coil is 1600 ohms, please go through attached datasheet of relay, consider 24VDC relay

- - - Updated - - -

Resistance of relay coil is 1600 ohms, please go through attached datasheet of relay, consider 24VDC relay

Attachments

• T7CS5D-24.pdf
    507 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.