Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unipolar stepper motor direction help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I want to know how to make a stepper motor change its direction. what is the sequence for clockwise and anticloakwise rotation? I am using ULN2003A for interfacing the stepper to microcontroller.

I am supposed you are using unipolar stepper motor which has 6 pins, so 2 of them is common. If you want to rotate it for one direction find the not common pins, there are 4 you have to give pulse sequence like this

if you want to change direction, get previous sequence bottom to top,

if you are using stepper motor of different type, same principle is there. Hope this diagram will help to find out pins of motor.
Wiring.jpg

image from **broken link removed**

Also try this it will help youhttps://www.stepperworld.com/Tutorials/pgUnipolarTutorial.htm Thanks.

I am supposed you are using unipolar stepper motor which has 6 pins, so 2 of them is common. If you want to rotate it for one direction find the not common pins, there are 4 you have to give pulse sequence like this

if you want to change direction, get previous sequence bottom to top,

if you are using stepper motor of different type, same principle is there. Hope this diagram will help to find out pins of motor.
View attachment 81150

image from **broken link removed**

Also try this it will help youhttps://www.stepperworld.com/Tutorials/pgUnipolarTutorial.htm Thanks.

I am trying to rotate my stepper motor clockwise using above sequence but It is not working.
Please guide me.

Post your code and circuit.

Make sure wires of the stepper motor are correctly connected..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back