Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

read data from TSOP1738

Status
Not open for further replies.

84prakash

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i want to read data from TSOP1738 from microcontroller(PIC16F877A). after reading i want to transmit that data through RF.
can anybody help me how to read data from TSOP1738. how to read 1's and 0's coming from TSOP1738. and output of tsop is connected to which pin of microcontroller RX pin or port pin? i refered datasheet of tsop1738. but i cant find information. can anybody tell the simple trick?

It is going to pulse the output based on the input it is receiving. The datasheet does have a input signal versus output signal timing diagram. Your uP has to sample it and find the data being sent. The datasheet does have the frequency of oscillation mentioned too.
When you say RX pin are you talking about UART port??

yes UART RX pin.
we receive 1's and 0's from tsop1738. my doubt is how to read 0's. because if data is not coming from tsop, microcontroller pin will be 0 only. shall i set UART at 38KHz. because tsop is transmitting at 38khz. can u suggest me how to identify start bit of data coming from tsop.

I don't think it follows UART protocol.... The PIN diode gets signal of frequency 38kHz converts it to pulses. The uP has to sample these pulses (using input pin or GPIO and decode the data being received)

Status
Not open for further replies.