Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What Effect of Shunt Capacitor for get right value in filter design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezade

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. I'm designing filter for frequency 140-150MHz with butterworth design.
this is my design.
RLC145MHzdesing_zpsfa84066d.png

Because the capacitor 620 and 450 pf is not sale in market. so i want to make it from paralel capacitor 220pf and the nearest value. Can it be realized?

You most certainly CAN buy a 620 pf cap. As for the 450, you could use two 220's and a 10, or just two 220's-depends on how close you need to be.

In my view, the high filter Q and respective unpleasant ratio of component values demands for a "coupled resonator" topology.

You'll still want to fine tune the filter stages to meet the intended characteristic.

Hello rezade,

Because the capacitor 620 and 450 pf is not sale in market. so i want to make it from paralel capacitor 220pf and the nearest value. Can it be realized

Yes, you can do it like you say or take the next available value and make the corrections with the inductance. This is also use in professional circuits.

Regards

Rainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back