Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

making a layout without a schematic netlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

robismyname

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to build a simple interface\daughter board that connects my wave generator to a PCB. The interface/daughter board I am designing will consist of sma connectors, bnc connectors and FH12 Series FPC/FFC connectors.

Im use to having passives and IC's in a schematic and then transferring the schematic netlist to
PADS Layout.

My question is do I have to create a schematic of the connectors first before I can begin the layout? Or can I go straight to making the layout in mentor graphics pads.

Having a schematic is alwys the best option, even for simple boards. You dont have to with most packages but I would always use a schematic.

Having a schematic is alwys the best option, even for simple boards. You dont have to with most packages but I would always use a schematic.

Is it likely that the vendor who makes the connector already has the library part file that I can just add to my schematic capture SW instead of creating a connector part on my own?

Yes you can get library part from vendoe or even from internet , through little searching, but when you will start routing then you have to take extra care of making traces because some tools donot allow routing traces without proper netlist (even if they allow you have to make with errors).

So better will be drwing a schematic and then going for layout as it will also help you in future modifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back