Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

+/40V , 4A smps....split rail and cross regulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

I am doing a +/-40V, 4A SMPS for Class B audio amplifier supply (VAC input 90-265VAC). PFC stage front end.

To get best crross regulation of the split rails, is it best to use a LLC converter (no inductors in the output rails)

...or to use a two transistor forward converter with coupled output inductors.?

I am doing a +/-40V, 4A SMPS for Class B audio amplifier supply (VAC input 90-265VAC). PFC stage front end.

To get best crross regulation of the split rails, is it best to use a LLC converter (no inductors in the output rails)

...or to use a two transistor forward converter with coupled output inductors.?
Hi Treez
Your required power , is low , hence you can also use a simple Flyback converter or perhaps a simple one switch forward converter .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

- - - Updated - - -

Class B audio amplifier supply
BTW : i think you are referring to the class AB amplifier ? ( i hope you know a class B amplifier isn't a good choice for audio applications because of large value of THD )

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks goldsmith, but the German distributors of this amplifier said it is a Class B amplifier

Thanks goldsmith, but the German distributors of this amplifier said it is a Class B amplifier
That is impossible ! you can ask the manufacturer company , ( is that an IC or a circuit ? ) if that is a circuit , see at out put stage you'll have a biasing network to bias BE junctions nearby conduction region .
Hence you'll see that is a class AB amp .
Good luck
Goldsmith

T

im not sure if a wee bit of crossover distortion as a bad thing for a guitar amp?

Maybe its class AB , as you say, or rather.....Class BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBA (you probably know what i mean here....in other words, Class AB, but with hardly any bias power at all being consumed at no load.)

so , do people do "Class BBBBBBBBBBBBBBA" type amps?...do they exist?

Hi Treez
Class BA ? it is my first time to hear a word like that !
Why you don't test it yourself ? do you know how to measure THD ? do you have any oscilloscope or function generator ?

T

Status
Not open for further replies.