Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get rid of html page on top of Windows desktop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkJedi

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Windows Help

Hi all, i have a little problem with windows, there is a html page on top of my desktop everytime i restart windows..... i've located the file, it's c:/windows/desktop.html, i have earesed it, cleaned the html code but now i have a white background and i can't take it off, my old desktop is behind it all.....

Any one got any ideas what can i do?? thanx

Re: Windows Help

You don't say what version of Windows you are running, but it sounds like you had the html page installed as "wallpaper". You deleted the source file for the "wallpaper", but Windows is still trying to load it. The result is a messed up desktop background.

If you are running Windows 95, 98, etc - go to Control Panel, double click on "Display", go to the "Background" tab, and see what you have selected as the background - try setting it to "none". You should get the plain windows blue-green background when the wallpaper is set to "none".

If you are running Windows XP, the procedure is about the same, except you go to "Appearance and Themes", then to "Change desktop background".

Re: Windows Help

Thanx for helping, i solved the easy way... i recovered an old windows configuration.... not the best solution there is but it worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back