Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CADSTAR : Licence and renewal situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

In July 2011, i bought Cadstar for £2000 and something pounds. I used it for just two months, up until september 2011.......and then never used it again, ever. (i only used it for a 2 month contract, at a company that insisted on cadstar being used)

I am now recveiving letters from Zuken in Bristol, UK, who are threatening to get their solicitors on to me if i do not pay my licence renewal fee of £225.

I do not understand this, i do not want to renew the license, and do not use Cadstar any more, and have no intention of ever using cadstar ever again.

Has any other reader had this trouble?

(I am not a public ltd company and never have been)

Why not take this up with Zuken or who ever you baught Cadstar off. There is no licence renewel fee with Cadstar, when you buy it you get a licence for life, but can opt for maintenance (which means you get software upgrades and support).
I would suggest you read your terms and conditions and resolve the problem directly with Zuken. So no I have never seen this problem, and have used Cadstar in all its guises for longer than most, both with and without mintenance over the years.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
As Marce says - when you bought it you probably agreed to a maintenance contract, if you did not cancel this then it will be a recurring contract which would have continued onto year 2 in July.

You should have written to Zuken and cancelled your contract before it ended (its all in your contract).

You need to contact Zuken or your CADSTAR distributor to discuss your options, a web forum is not going to help you.

T

I would have expected an invoice for a maintenance agreement at which point you would be able to query it with them if you didn't want maintenance. Have they ever sent you an invoice?

Keith

T

Excuse the late reply but Google brought me here. I have had the same experience: unsolicited invoice followed by aggressive letters and an unhelpful response on the phone. I'm struggling to distinguish this from inertia selling - no orders have been issued and I'm unaware of any support contract.

They now inform me that "support" (which I have never received) has been discontinued but they are still pursuing payment for the service they are not providing. So no order, no goods or services provided, and a threat of legal action for payment for the unordered non-service. I think I'll let this one run....

Hello,

In July 2011, i bought Cadstar for £2000 and something pounds. I used it for just two months, up until september 2011.......and then never used it again, ever. (i only used it for a 2 month contract, at a company that insisted on cadstar being used)

I am now recveiving letters from Zuken in Bristol, UK, who are threatening to get their solicitors on to me if i do not pay my licence renewal fee of £225.

I do not understand this, i do not want to renew the license, and do not use Cadstar any more, and have no intention of ever using cadstar ever again.

Has any other reader had this trouble?

(I am not a public ltd company and never have been)

T

Peter, you will have been sent a maintenance renewal invoice because when you purchased CADSTAR you also signed an annual maintenance agreement and likely did not cancel it as per the contract this is not inertia selling.

This is common with many services from the gymnasium to mobile phone contracts etc.

AFAIK just like a gym contract if you do not cancel then you are deemed to be continuing the contract, you need to contact them and tell them. Complaining about it on a public forum is unlikely to help you - you need to find your original contract then write to them cancelling it.
Just like with a mobile phone contract there may be a fee to pay for part of the term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back