Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium : Constraint problem on component with double implentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnix

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. For one of the board i have to made at work i need to put on board for one component the possibility to use PDIP or soic package. So i create on footprint editor a footprint with the the two design and pads connected with line. The problem was, when i import the footprint on PCB all the footprint was in violation constraint (shortcircuit between pad and track). So how can i resolve my problem.

Thanks in advance for your help

I use altium 6.6.0.7903.

Toto.jpg

Attachments

• Toto.jpg
    Toto.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 84

better to make it two separate parts, and either manually control the BOM, or use the 'Variants' feature. If one is going to dominate production it's simple to make the other be a non-BOM type component. Just know to populate the opposite for those oddball prototypes.

You can also just do the pads x2 and add the tracks to the PCB. You can even have x2 duplicate pad numbers 1..16 so schematically there is no possible way to miss-wire a 16 pin symbol. Though this may cause problems if you are going back and forth to a autorouter like Spectra.

anilrock, the pads had still the same name or id. The only solution i have found was to make a rule for this component that tell if its name was blablabla its not a shortcircuit. Thnaks for your help.

do not connect pads in footprint, assign same pad name and connect them in PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back