Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC's power supply problem to solve

Status
Not open for further replies.

man009

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear Sir
i am having many faulty Power supply 400 W to 650 Watt of PC's. I want to know basic of same as well as how to rectify these problems
Thanks in advance

man009,
If you are from India, BPB Publications New Delhi publishes a good book containing circuit diagrams (showing voltages at major points ) of almost all major SMPS available in India. That may help you. It also covers common faults, how to test different sections etc.

And one thing, what is the source of "many" faulty power supply units? If you experience frequent SMPS failures, try to find the cause.
Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry ....

The Book name is - "Modern Computer SMPS Circuits and Fault finding (Revised /Updated)"

- - - Updated - - -

See: https://www.smps.us/computer-power-supply.html

dear Sir
i am having many faulty Power supply 400 W to 650 Watt of PC's. I want to know basic of same as well as how to rectify these problems
Thanks in advance

My observation regarding defective PC PSU, in many cases is overheating, caused by total failure or slowdown fan.

Regular maintenance of PC inluding and PC PSU I mean specially on cleaning with compressed air (2-4bar), and replacing and monitoring operation of fans, will drastically prolong life time of PSU.

There is cheap PC PSU, for thise repairing is unprofitable, because you can buy new. But for expensive and quality maded PSU this is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back