Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Statespace conversion to transfer func. for boost converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

usernam

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
How can I obtain a transfer function from a state space representation when this representation is non-linear.
I'm trying to obtain the transfer function of a boost converter. I've obtained the state space equations using inductor current and output voltage as my two state variables under the two different switching conditions. (One in which the switch is on and diode doesn't conduct and the other when switch is off and diode is conducting.).
Then I averaged the two conditions and obtained an averaged state space representation of the boost converter. Unfortunately it is non-linear and I don't know how to convert it into a transfer function.

Re: Statespace conversion to transfer func. for boost conver

You should first find the steady state operating point and linearize the system on that point. The reason is that the transfer function is for linear system. You should find one book on principle of automatic control to look through.

May this help for you.

Re: Statespace conversion to transfer func. for boost conver

switching converters esentially are nonlinear and time-varying circuits. so you need linearization about the dc value to decrease the problem to the linear case, and secondly to average the states and find lower frequency model.
I think one of the best reference for this matter is the famous book of Erickson

"Fundamental of power electronics"

**broken link removed**

if you have not access to the book, you can find some useful paper about this matter in the website of Colorado Power Electronics Center

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back