Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

+12 volt from -48 volt dc

Status
Not open for further replies.

anzilkhan

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to design a 12 volt smps supply from a -48 volt.
I went through the datasheets of top 224, but the input specification is 85-260 v ac, which means a minimum of 120 v dc.
Can I use this device for my design??

We need more information. What's your power supply, a battery, bench top supply, a voltage divider, other?

If it's a battery or a bench supply, it does not matter, as long as you connect negative to negative and positive to positive.

Where does this "-48V" come from? Is there a "paired" +48V? If there's no "accompanying" positive voltage, it doesn't matter that it's "-48V". Treat it as just (+)48V. Just take care with polarity (direction).

Then, use a buck converter circuit. How much current do you need? You can use one of many available switching regulators, such as L4971, L4972, L4973, L4975, L4976, L4977, L4970, etc.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.