Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Samsung lcd tv problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey samuel

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what can be the cause of the problem

it is 3 years of age and as i switched it ON there was a sound of something blowing and the display is not coming

i tried switching on again and i see there is only a LED glowing to indicate that tv is connected to supply but the display is not working at all

what can be the cause of the problem

May be the flyback transformer connected to picture tube is blown... Or any power mosfet had burnt out... First open it and see any visible faults are there.

Flyback transformer... picture tube... LCD tv - does not compute :-?

Yes if you heard something blow, chances are you can see what it was after opening up the tv. So please do that first before powering up & potentially killing other component(s). Also: what model are we talking about here?

My mistake...
Its an LCD TV. No flyback trafo.
Then may be a high watt resistor or any transistor had blown.

That blown sound can also be created by the speakers in high dB, if the audio amplifier blows.

it is 3 years of age and as i switched it ON there was a sound of something blowing and the display is not coming
It could be an electrolytic capacitor in the power supply. That's a common problem because manufacturers often use under-sized capacitors to save space.

If it is that, it should be easy to find when you open the TV - electrolytic caps make a mess when they explode.

- - - Updated - - -

it is 3 years of age...
It's a good example of built-in obsolescence. Many products are deliberately designed to work not much longer than the guarantee period. Then they break and you are expected to buy a new one. :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

It's a good example of built-in obsolescence. Many products are deliberately designed to work not much longer than the guarantee period. Then they break and you are expected to buy a new one. :sad:

yeah really i got to agree with you in it there i am not a geek in LCD panels so i have called for an expert to help me out in the matter he said he will be here tomo thanks guys

i ll post what problem he finds in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back