Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hardware design for gaussian filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, the input signal is the pulse not the sin as in your graph.
Which "graph" do you refer to? I'm not aware of a post discussing sine input signals.

@ FvM. Your last graph Sallen Key filter. Is that you apply the pulse sin wave or which circuit you have the impulse response before? Could you post that one as well?. Tks

By definition, a pulse response is generated with a delta impulse as input signal. That's also the case for the responses in post #16. I don't know what a "pulse sine wave" is.

@FvM: I mistake in typing. Actually it should be "pulse/sine wave". So do you use the pulse response for your post #19 and post #16? I use your circuit in post 19 and apply the pulse signal but output is not get the same as your impulse response.

The waveform annotation in post #16 is pretty clear about the shown signal I suppose. It's of course a simulation result. In a real measurement, a dirac pulse (infinite amplitude) will be approximated by a short squarewave within the linear range of the filter circuit, the output waveform has respective lower magnitude. You can also check the filter with a step response and get a gaussian integral waveform.

I didn't measure the circuit in post #19, but built many similar gaussian filters and am sure that they are working as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.