Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Source-Pull and Load-Pull Simulations in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rashed1880

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, here is my problem!

I have the ADS model of a transistor. In the datasheet of this transistor, the Zs and Zl for five different frequencies are given and stated that these values are optimized for power, gain, PAE and Psat. So I have been trying to find these exact values of source impedances and load impedances, given in the datasheet, at all these different frequencies by ADS load-pull and source-pull simulations, so that I can be sure and find the Zs and Zl for other frequencies not given in the datasheet. My plan was to find the values for these following different conditions:

1. maximum output power
2. maximum gain
3. maximum PAE
4. maximum Psat

One of my attempts:

I understand that

Gain_dBm = Pout_dBm - Pin_dBm

So to find the optimum load impedance for maximum gain, I chose HB 1 tone load-pull from ADS design guide and replaced the transistor with mine. I also set the proper bias condition and frequency for which the gain is mentioned in the datasheet. Later I put Pavs = 0 dBm (according to ADS, this is not the Pin). However, I assumed that in this case the value of maximum power delivered should the value of maximum gain. But I don't get anything thing close to the values given in the datasheet.

I am absolutely new to ADS. So I really don't know what are the initial condition or setup in ADS to find the Zs and Zl for maximum output power and so on.

I would really appreciate any kind of suggestion or if you just share your experience. I look forward to your replies. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ADS has an example for amplifier load-pull. Why not ref that?

Reactions: ykjing

ykjing

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ADS has an example for amplifier load-pull. Why not ref that?

i tried, but i can't manage to get the exact values of Zs and Zl given in the datasheet. that's why i was wondering if there are certain ways to get the Zs and Zl for max PAE or max output power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back