Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strange behaviour of the MPLABX IDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

piyushpandey

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys

I am using MPLABX IDE with the HiTech C compiler v 9.83 and I compiled my source code in it, basically I build it .

So in the memory summary in the build option I got something different and in the memory view graphical dispaly in the MPLABX IDE I got something different output of the memory.

Can anybody provide me any idea about it , actually for rest of my small projects I always get the same value on both sides but only in this build I am getting such a strange value.

I have attached the screenshot of that here:

difference in memory usage.png

In this the point which I am asking showing the strange value is underlined by green.

What version of MPLABX are you using. I was using the beta version, which had huge bugs related to memory, watching variables, and compile issues. These problems have been fixed (at least for me) in the newest version of MPLABX. I would recommend downloading the newest version and seeing if you still experience issues.

Regards,
Willis

What version of MPLABX are you using. I was using the beta version, which had huge bugs related to memory, watching variables, and compile issues. These problems have been fixed (at least for me) in the newest version of MPLABX. I would recommend downloading the newest version and seeing if you still experience issues.

Regards,
Willis

Hi Willis

Thanks for replying , I am using the latest version 1.20 available on the microchip site.

and in regard to this problem I must have mentioned before that I checked the results on both the MPLAB v 8.86 and MPLABX IDE and have got the same result in both IDE.

So it's not the IDE isssue.

it's something else, So please guys dive deep into it alongwith me.

In the mean time if I got the solution I will post it.

Thanks

The version on Microchip's site is 1.3 and it would seem that 1.4 is about to be released. 1.3 has been available for several weeks.

1.3 has many bug fixes over 1.2, I would update as soon as you can.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.