+ Post New Thread
    Newbie level 3

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

How to interface 8051 microcontroller to another 8051 using serial communication

Hi Everyone, I am new in this forum. I am working on how to transfer data through RF using serial communication. I bought Rf module (KYL500s). it is a transceiver. I first of all tested serial communication between two 8051. it can only work when I connect the ground together. Pls, how do I make it work without connecting the GND together? Also, is there any way I can ensure that my data is not affected by noise? Thank you

•   AltAdvertisment

Member level 3
    Achievements:
    7 years registered

Helped
    6 / 6
    Level

Re: How to interface 8051 microcontroller to another 8051 using serial communication

when you use two 8051 controllers TX1==>RX2 and ground of both controllers must be connected together then only you can transfer the data,if you want transfer data over long distance using wire you have to use constant current(attenuation of cable increase if distance increases) or if you want to transmit wireless over a short distance you can use IR TX & RX

•   AltAdvertisment

Newbie level 3

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Re: How to interface 8051 microcontroller to another 8051 using serial communication

Thanks Yogece. You mean when using RF or IR, one does not need to connect the GND together as when one is making a physical connection using cable? I will try that. Has anyone used KYL500s transceivers? I learnt it needs to be configured before it can be used. I need the assembly code for the serial communication using RF. Any help?

•   AltAdvertisment

Full Member level 5
    Helped
    40 / 40
    Level
    Blog Entries

you should post this answer over here dear : https://www.edaboard.com/thread264542.html

And ya if you're using RF or IR then you did not want to connect their ground together.
    Then only it can be wireless ! :)
    Never Leave it until you did it.
    Every time you fails go for one more time :)

Member level 3
    Achievements:
    7 years registered

Helped
    6 / 6
    Level

i have interfaced 433MHZ RF TX modules directly with the microcontroller to transmit the data serially(Just send the data by using UART of 8051) if the distance between the TX and RX increased when the baud rate is higher,then RX would show junk characters and if the baud rate reduced without any junk character we can receive the data.
    any way you send the datasheet KYL500s

•   AltAdvertisment

Newbie level 3

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by yogece View Post
    i have interfaced 433MHZ RF TX modules directly with the microcontroller to transmit the data serially(Just send the data by using UART of 8051) if the distance between the TX and RX increased when the baud rate is higher,then RX would show junk characters and if the baud rate reduced without any junk character we can receive the data.
    any way you send the datasheet KYL500s
    Thanks Yogece. But my problem is with the rf module (KYL500s). I learnt it has to be configured with the company's software for desired baud rate and channels. i dont really know how to do this. i have the software but there is no manual as to how to go about it - the type of cable required and other things. let me try to upload the data sheet for you. Or you can see it at http://www.ir-data.com

--[[ ]]--