Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to make an RF Signal Harvesters

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjohn0000

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sir/Mam,

We have a project called RF Signals Harvester! The idea is collecting Radio Frequency and convert it to DC Voltage and our main objective is to used this as a charger of different gadget(ex. cellphone, tablet etc)! We conduct a research and its possible! In fact, there a company selling this kind of device!

Here is the link!
https://www.powercastco.com/products/development-kits/

Can someone give me idea to make this kind of device!

Re: RF Signal Harvesters!

This has been discussed here many times.

The link you show is for harvesting power from a transmitter located very close to it. In my pocket I carry I carry an RFID tag which has no battery or other source of power. When I approach my house the gates autromatically open for me. The RFID tag is powered by harvesting energy from a transmitter mounted on the gate. Mine uses a lower frequency but the link shows a unit working at 915MHz.

What you must understand is the energy isn't 'free', you have to produce it nearby, typically within a few metres and pick some of it up to power the circuit. If you take the transmitter away and try to use radio waves present natuarally or from other man-made sources, the amount you will harvest is only a few microwatts unless you are located VERY close to a powerful radio/TV station and it will not be enough to use for a practical application like a charger.

Brian.

What specific Thread should i look to find the past discussion about my topic! Thanks in Advance!

Type "harvesting" in the search box at the top right corner of the Edaboard page.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back