Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can we meet timing ("SLACK MET") and none zero "DESIGN RULE COST" together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexhugo

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can we meet timing ("SLACK MET") and have none zero "DESIGN RULE COST" together?

Hi,
I am synthesizing a circuit (using DC) and I see that the timing is met (SLACK MET) by using report_timing. The problem is that "DESIGN RULE COST" is not zero. As far as I know none zero design rule cost means that the timing is not met.
What am I making wrong? How is possible to have these two together?
Thanks
Alex

Last edited:

Re: How can we meet timing ("SLACK MET") and none zero "DESIGN RULE COST" together?

Hi Alex,

DRC is the violation in your max_cap or max_tran values and nothing to do with slack. DRC is given more importance than timing. U have to rectify the DRC error and only then u have to c the slack.

Re: How can we meet timing ("SLACK MET") and none zero "DESIGN RULE COST" together?

I know how DRC works in analog design but I don't know where to start working on it and fixing it in digital circuit.
Could you please help me and let me know where I should start and what I should do to fix the DRC issue in my digital ASIC design!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back