Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nu Horizona Spartan Board & Keep My Design In Board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstar

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I need to put my design to NU Horizons Spartan 3 Board. I am using webpack 6.3i and I can put my design into the board without any problem but every time I disconnected adaptor from the board then I have to do the whole procees with WebPack and iMPACT to put my design into the boardn again.

I need to keep my design in board. I want even when I disconnect the adaptor from the board still my design will be there so I can bring board to somewhere else to show a design and work without doing the whole process again everytime.

I couldn't find any information about how I can do this and keep my design in board. Could you any of you guys can help me and show me how I can do this.

Nu Horizons Spartan 3 Board Source: **broken link removed**

Thank you,
Pouya!

Hello pstar,

I don’t know this board but the description of the given link shows that the board is shipped with a configuration PROM (XCF02). I believe that is possible to store your own design in this place. Isn’t there something described in a manual?

From the downloadable User Manual:
Parallel Port JTAG Configuration I/F
The parallel port interface is for JTAG configuration only, this will allow design engineers to download and configure the FPGA or the XCF02 platform flash without purchasing a JTAG Cable creating an inexpensive cost of entry.

Bye,
cube007

From the JTAG detection list you need to choose the XF02, not the X3Sxxx. There may also be a jumper on board to enable programming of the XF02.

Git

Salam,

I have Spartan-3 Starter Kit and there is a header J8 controls the configuration modes using jumbers.

I assume your board have this jumbers, read the manual carefully,

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back