Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

my ccs c compiler for RTOS doesn t work

Status
Not open for further replies.

boukamoha

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
my ccs c compiler for RTOS doesn t work and C18 for RTOS

hi evry one
i installed both ccs c compiler demo version and mplab plugin from the officiial website https://www.ccsinfo.com/downloads.php but when i build the project i receive the message : REGISTRATION FILE ERROR PCH demo has expired the compiler demonstration has expired on this pc.
any one can provide me with some informations about what to do?
is there any other option to install ccs c compiler.
the second question is how to use the C18 compiler for RTOS programming ,is there any plug ins for that? or i have simply use freertos? because i want to do the programms in mplab thats why i prefer some plugins for C18 for i can use RTOS. any solution for that?
thx in advance.

Last edited:

http://www.pic24.ru/doku.php/en/osa/ref/introduction/intro#what_is_osa
OSA is a cooperative multitasking real-time operating system (RTOS) for Microchip PIC-controllers PIC10, PIC12, PIC16, PIC18, PIC24, dsPIC, for Atmel AVR 8-bit controllers, and for STMicroelectronics STM8.

RTOS allows the programmer to focus on problem-oriented tasks (algorithmic, mathematical etc.) and not have to worry about secondary tasks. All secondary tasks are performed by OSA's kernel:

switching between parallel processes (e.g. keyboard scanning, output data to LCD, switching relays);
checking timeouts, counting delays;
finding the ready task with the highest priority and executing it;
data exchange between different tasks using semaphores, messages, queues etc.

thx for the response its useful..

hi again..
can u provide me please with some useful lnks or documents about osa real til time? or some books that base on osa projects in real time..
thx

http://wiki.pic24.ru/doku.php/en/osa/ref/intro

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.freertos.org/RTOS_ports.html
FreeRTOSTM is a market leading RTOS from Real Time Engineers Ltd. that supports 31 architectures and receives 77500 downloads a year. It is professionally developed, strictly quality controlled, robust, supported, and free to embed in commercial products without any requirement to expose your proprietary source code.

The FreeRTOS project has removed common objections to using free software in commercial applications. FreeRTOS has become the de facto standard RTOS for microcontrollers because of this truly viable, and therefore compelling, free software model.

- - - Updated - - -

Textbook for OSA exist only in Russian language.
http://wiki.pic24.ru/doku.php/osa/tutorial/intro

- - - Updated - - -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_real-time_operating_systems

This software hard to call RTOS...... 20 lines of code?

This software hard to call RTOS...... 20 lines of code?

Yeah I know...
Its just an example...

If you know what is so called rtos code, and is more than 20 lines then post it here and explain its each and everyline

RTOS Concept

A RTOS separates the program functions into self-contained tasks and implements an on-demand scheduling of their execution.

An advanced RTOS, such as the Keil RTX, delivers serious benefits:

Task scheduling - tasks are called when needed ensuring better program flow and event response
Multitasking - task scheduling gives the illusion of executing a number of tasks simultaneously
Deterministic behaviour - events and interrupts are handled within a defined time
Shorter ISRs - enables more deterministic interrupt behaviour
Inter-task communication - manages the sharing of data, memory, and hardware resources among multiple tasks
Defined stack usage - each task is allocated a defined stack space, enabling predictable memory usage
System management - allows you to focus on application development rather than resource management (housekeeping)

RTX Message Passing

thx its a nice example for a simple rtos...., but till this moment i got suggestions about using osa multitasking, my ccs doosnt work yet so i m going to change it...i still have other choices like osa or free rtos ...with osa every thing is ok..but i heard that freertos is more flexible...the problem is how to integrate it with mplabx..is there any special procedur to follow? i downloaded every thing be useful to install freertos ..but the explanaions in the official we site still not obvious...so any suggestion from your side please?
cheers..

Last edited:

thx its a nice example for a simple rtos...., but till this moment i got suggestions about using osa multitasking, my ccs doosnt work yet so i m going to change it...i still have other choices like osa or free rtos ...with osa every thing is ok..but i heard that freertos is more flexible...the problem is how to integrate it with mplabx..is there any special procedur to follow? i downloaded every thing be useful to install freertos ..but the explanaions in the official we site still not obvious...so any suggestion from your side please?
cheers..

I am not sure exactly whether i am right or wrong..
What controller you are using..

Due to limitations in ROM and RAM may be you can't use the FreeRTOS (Maybe be i am wrong)
Few Days Back i tried to do so, what fails as i am not having enough ROM, rtos of that size are for higher controller's, this is what i conclude..

If you are able to do so, then tell me,..

- - - Updated - - -

hi

instead of ccs you can go for linux for rtos

Can you please elaborate what you want to say..
I didn't able to get what you want to say/..

Why Linux is not an RTOS:
Applications run in “user space”
All hardware interaction is in “kernel space”
All i/o via files and sockets
Applications are processes
Default scheduling policy is time shared
POSIX API
Is Linux real-time?
No: it is a complete operating system!

there is embedded Linux is there, it's work as real time.

- - - Updated - - -

there is embedded Linux is there, it's work as real time.

Please give the URL for RTOS Linux.

Normally "real" RTOS certified to use in Avionics.

ok im still trying if i get some thing i will tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back