Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Starting when shaking/falling" device, for hardware system

Status
Not open for further replies.

chromatik

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am looking for some piece of hardware, quite easy to describe but quite tricky to find.
The idea is to activate some electronic hardware with a hard shake.
I was looking for some actuator with a conductive ball, but it's working with no force: just turning the device uspide down start the device, and this is not expected.
A tilt sensor could be interesting, but it is working with bending the device.
An accelerometer is interesting, but it consumes energy.

Well, I imagine a pure mechanical small device: conductive ball and an extended spring, with an impact, the spring compresses and the conductive ball makes contact... but I cannot find out any company selling it.

BTW, the size of the device should be quite small, like a 0805 or 1206 component.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

I know what you need - I had a sample a while time ago for a project. It was a tiny tube with a spring in it. You could buy different sensitivities by having a stiffer spring. I will try to find details and post it later.

Keith

So, I am not the first one to think about it... :grin:
That's exactly what I am looking for. THX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back