Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with USB to rs 232 converter as the device is not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: USB to rs 232 converter

See this :

usb-uart.gif

in my circuit anything is wrong?

Circuit what I posted works 100%.

What voltage did you put on VCC, did you measure ?

What L you use on USB pin 1 ?

i designed the board and if i connect the board its showing some like unknown device.....

Definitely is problem on USB side. Did you try on other PC, maybe you have problem in OS, maybe there is trojan party on hard disk in folders ? :)

Try on some other USB port on PC, try also on other PC, some PCs have very bad PSU and very bad USB voltage.

Last edited:

from pin no 1 3.5v is coming....yes i tried to another pc also but same result its showing unknown device only .......

what should i do for that ....

- - - Updated - - -

i am using windows xp ...... may i know what driver to install for dat?

our ic ic name FR232RL ftdi chip.....and i am using 32 bit computer ...i download that driver software from dat website sir 2.06.00 version i download in dat it will show in command prompt installing drivers thats it ......after i connect the board also same result .....anything to change for that............or what to do

Connect device to USB and when he say unknown device, go to device manager, and try to manualy point to driver in installed folder.

same result only no changes in dat .....may be driver installation problem or what....?

- - - Updated - - -

if i uninstall the device and again scan for hardware changes it will show usb device found and suddenly it will go off....... what will be the problem...............

what is that CDM driver sir....

- - - Updated - - -

i am using windows xp version 2002 service pack 3...... sir any problem in that...

- - - Updated - - -

please help us we can get driver correctly what to do i FTDIchip.com which one have to download for windows xp version 2002 service pack 3.....

please tell me what to do for installing drivers.............

I give you in post #10 complete guide how to install driver on WinXP, earlier in post #6 I give you exact link for drivers.

i download the driver for xp sir but its not working........same unknown device is coming sir

- - - Updated - - -

hello sir how to check the PID & VID sir ..........of chip ft232r sir

if i connect the device its showing like this device enumeration failed .....

Check circuit of device, specially check on USB connector, check again existing connections, replace usb cable.

You make somewhere mistake, this should work like charm.

or

Maybe that IC is bad.

for dat ic how can i check the pid and vid ............

one doubt if i connect the device it have to show the PID and vid writ...........

how can i check the IC der s any way to find the chip is correct or wrong............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back