Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synopsys Custom Designer and PYCELL error

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD_353

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

How can I make Ciranova Pycell Studio work with Synopsys Custom Layout?

I have a linux machine with Synopsys Custom Layout and Ciranova Pycell Studio installed.

1) Synopsys Custom Layout work properly.
- I can open and edit layout in Synopsys Custom Layout.

2) Pyros in the Ciranova Pycell Studio also works properly.
- I can open the sample pcells and change its parameters.

My problem is, how can I make the two work together? I have a PyCell Package library which I would like to use on my Custom Designer Layout. But when I Instantiate the PyCell in my TEST library, It only displays a small dot, the pycell doesn't shows up on my Layout.

Then I notice this error on my CustomDesigner console:
Cannot find IPcell 'cnDloPcell': Pcell evaluator 'cnDloPcell' not found: Shared Library Not Found: Error loading library 'libcnDloPcell.so'. /home/synopsys/Cdesigner/F-2011.09-1/suse64/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /home/PYCELL/plat_linux_gcc44x_64/lib/libcnDloPcell.so).

Can anyone help me with my problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I know it's very late but i had the same error and wanted to post a better description on the problem and specially the ways to fix it.

The problem is that there is an environment variable called LD_LIBRARY_PATH that is used in the path to libraries in Pycell and if you are using any 64 bit based os, when hercules runs with openaccess it will create a variable for the same propose and the same name, only that is and older version of the libraries and doesn't have everything that Pycell needs to run.

There is a few solutions... you can select every cell and flatten it, using the number 9 in the keyboard, unselecting the Pcell option and applying... this should take the problems away.

if for any reason this is not an option the second thing you can do is not use the openaccess.

if for any reason those two are not an option you would have to modify a file called hercules.oa in bin/_plataform_/ and make it looks like these:

# Other platforms, use LD_LIBRARY_PATH
else
if [ -z "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ]; then
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$_oa_lib_dir
else
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$_oa_lib_dir
fi
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
#echo "DEBUG: LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
fi

Just to change the order of search and no to interrupt pycell.

Hope this is enough for any one with this problem.

Reactions: kasti

kasti

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
if for any reason those two are not an option you would have to modify a file called hercules.oa in bin/_plataform_/ and make it looks like these:

I have the same issues with this thread. I tried to import an instance from the tsmc18 library and this error occurred in my console:

Cannot find IPcell 'cnDloPcell': Pcell evaluator 'cnDloPcell' not found: Shared Library Not Found: Error loading library 'libcnDloPcell.so'. /home/synopsys/Cdesigner/F-2011.09-1/suse64/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /home/PYCELL/plat_linux_gcc44x_64/lib/libcnDloPcell.so).

I tried to solve using the first two solution you suggested but it did not work.

I tried to solve the 3rd one but where can I find 'bin/_plataform_/'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back