Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use c++ as electronic engineer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

emicho

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
am a 4th year electronic&telecommunication engineering student,
i have studied c++ in a course, and i really liked it and i spent a lot of time on it trying to get the most of it..

but the idea is till now am unable to know where to use it and even how...
i mean how i can use visual studio for example to create a program not a only write a code, and so far how can i use it in my field...

briefly, how can i transform a c++ code to something visual, to something useful??

thanks in advance...

If you get into microcontroller development, a lot of that software/firmware is often written using variants of C/C++ languages, so that would be directly applicable.

One of the key things I learned from my programming classes is that once you learn how to program in one language, others are much easier to pick up. The concepts are very similar (functions, subroutines, if.. then, loops, whiles, etc), but the syntax is just slightly different. I learned BASIC, then Visual Basic, C++ and Assembly in school. I've now experimented with Java, Python, C, PIC-C (for PIC microcontrollers), VBA, MATLAB scripting, Arduino scripts, and LabVIEW. They are much easier to figure out if you've had some programming experience and schooling on the topic. I believe understanding HOW to program is the biggest part, more so than "how do I use <a specific language>". You can always adapt that skillset once you have it.

Reactions: emicho

emicho

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I recommend you trying out Arduino. That is an easy start to microcontrollers. You will figure the thing out just by reading their online resources. https://www.arduino.cc/ It's a microcontroller platform that is very capable and easy to use. After that you can move to something more sophisticated, or settle with Arduino. At least it will show you how to use C-code in electronics design.

Thank you guys for your information, i will keep going :) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back