Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with ASROCK 865GV motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANDEEP ANAND

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends,i got a asrock 865 gv motherboard,in dead condition, i just do a little work on its I/O IC (WINBOND W836276) ,BIOS ic and 'CRYSTAL'.I changed I/O IC (WINBOND W836276).re-soldering the BIOS chip and changed the 'CRYSTAL'.
Now its turn on :grin: with display ,but:sad: whenever i try to format ,install the OS(XP SP2) ,any hard disk( sata, pata) IT CAN'T.its restarts when.....WINDOWS LOADING EXECUTIVE FILES.........
i had changed RAM,SMPS ,CABLES (SATA CABLE, PATA CABLES) AND MORE THAN 4 HARD DISKS (SATA, PATA) ALTERNATELY.

Re: problem with ASROCK 865GV

Problem is not always in parts soldered on boards, often problem is linked with connection lose in metalizes holes, or between layers. You know that motherboard can be flexible, specially when is badly mounted spacer behind board, and when trying to insert RAM, connectors, or some expansion cards. Unfortunately, this kind of problems is hard to detect and solve at home or in small workshops.

:wink:

Last edited:

One of my friend told as you, according to him may be its inner layer tracks are broken.
But is that any idea to solve this problem

Of course cheapest way to solve that is to buy new motherboard in most cases. Starting prices start at 30-35eur and goes up.

With manufacturer PCB servicing data about that motherboard with using of special diag tools in conbination with good knowledge, yes there is good chance to find problem. When you find problem then you should make solution for that problem sometimes is easy, sometimes is not. If all is worth for 35eur then ok, because such egsibitions with multilayered board should not be cheap in service.

:wink:

Last edited:

yes,sounds good,
but how could you feel that joy,just replacing MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back