Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Orcad Capture 16.5, how to create netlist for Orcad PCB (Allegro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennr

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am, using Orcad Capture rev 16.5-S026, looking for a little help please.

I am trying to create a netlist in the format needed for the Allegro version of Orcad PCB editor rev 16.5.
When I try to create a netlist, it does not occur.

I have run the DRC check and I get no errors. I do get warnings about unconnected pins.
There are pcb footprints defined for parts which don't exist but that should not block the creation of a netlist.

Here is my configuration.
In the CreateNetlist dialog box, the box is checked for "Create PCB Editor Netlist".
The "netlist files directory" is filled in with "allegro". I get files stored in the allegro folder but not a netlist.

In the setup menu, the default config file is defined "C:\Cadence\SPB_16.5\tools\Capture\allegro.cfg ". This has not been modified.
In the Options->Preferences->Miscellaneous, EnableIntertoolCommunication is checked.

I am thinking I need to specify the formatter DLL file in CreateNetlist->Other->Formatters
Is there a DLL file to use for PCB Editor Netlist? I ask this because this is currently filled in with "oraccel.dll".
If I change this to "oralgorex.dll", then I do get a netlist file, but the format is probably not for Orcad PCB Editor.
There is no DLL option for Allegro (the new Orcad PCB Editor) format.

Thanks,
-Glenn

- - - Updated - - -

I found this documented in the Orcad Capture help file, section 4.
-Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back